Comments from the Finger: This is a great little gestalt prestige class from 3.5, incorporating elements from monk and barbarian into a druid chassis, which, like most druid prestige classes, was basically king if you also spent all your feats getting Diving Metamagic.
Circle of the Fist
It is common for druids to abandon the trappings of civilized life when they join their circle, but Fists of the Forest take things one step further, adopting the lifestyle of a wild animal. These druids rarely carry a weapon, preferring instead to master hunting as animals do, using only their bodies. At the height of this druid's expertise, it looks more animalistic than the beasts of the forest, and is twice as deadly.
At 2nd level, you fight with the strength of a feral beast. While you are unarmed and you aren’t wearing medium or heavy armor or wielding a shield, you gain the following benefits:
- You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes.
- You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike. This die changes as you gain druid levels, as shown in the Fist of the Forest Untamed Strike table. If the weapon die of your beast form is less than your Untamed Strike die, you can use this die instead while in your beast form.
- When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.
Fist of the Forest Unarmed Strike
By 7th level, you can hunt by scent, much like the beasts of the forest. You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) and Wisdom (Survival) checks that rely on smell.
At 10th level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
Starting at 14th level, you can fall into a primal battle trance as a bonus action. While in your trance, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing medium or heavy armor:
- You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
- You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
- When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike on your turn, you can make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
You can use this ability twice and regain all expended uses when you take a long rest.
Changelog: 8/2/16: Untamed Strike: Allows you to wear light armor. Table: Typo fixed
Feral Trance: Allows you to wear light armor